R&S HIGH SCHOOL CHOIRS
Hello from the corner of northwest Iowa. Sibley is located 18 miles from Minnesota and 60 miles from South Dakota.
I began my career teaching as a 7-12 vocal music teacher at Floyd Valley High School (Alton, Hospers, Granville & Newkirk)
I taught there for five years. It is now consolidated and called Maurice-Orange City-Floyd Valley. During that time I felt it would be good to develop better skills in listening and counseling students so I began a Masters program after my first year. My family was growing at this time and as a music teacher you are rarely home so I decided to move into the guidance area. In the fall of 1987 I began as the high school guidance at Sibley-Ocheyedan a job that I did for the next fourteen years. In 2001 with my children grown I became interested in teaching vocal music again and I have been fortunate to be in this position for the past ten years.
High School Choirs R & S Chair
|High School Choir Events 2010-11|
|No events scheduled at this time.|
A Pair of Helpful Links...
- Summer '09 Senior High Reading Session
- ChoralNet: ChoralNet.org has a wealth of helpful information that you may not be aware of
- The Choral Public Domain Library: www.cpdl.org is your one-stop shop for pieces in the public domain which are freely available
Octavo of the Month (2009-2010)
Lists of exceptional music ...
- Archive of 2007-08 "Octavos of the Month"
- Archive of 2006-07 "Octavos of the Month"
- Archive of 2005–06 "Octavos of the Month"
- Archive of 2004–05 "Octavos of the Month"
- Archive of 2003–04 "Octavos of the Month"
- Repertoire List of Exceptional Music (2 December 2003)