CHORAL POSITIONS OPEN
- IAEE ALL IOWA MUSIC JOB OPENINGS -- GOOGLE DOC
- 4-15-2015 First Presbyterian Church of Marengo is looking for a part-time Worship Leader to help enhance our worship experience through music. We are seeking a person with previous experience in leading worship. We are open to those with skills in one or more of the following areas such as the piano/organ/guitar/bells/vocal and/or choir. This weekly 12 hour part-time position includes Sunday mornings, one Thursday morning a month for the Worship Committee meeting, and one full day or two half days or evenings during the week. Hours during the week are negotiable. We are an enthusiastic, loving, energetic group excited about growing in worship through music! If interested, please submit your résumé to email@example.com or send to First Presbyterian Church 902 Marengo Ave. Marengo, IA 52301.
- 4-14-2015 St. Pius X School is a Catholic elementary school who seeks candidates for an Instrumental and General Music Teacher for the 2015-16 school year. St. Pius School is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and has approximately 360 students in the K-5. The assignment for this position includes 5th grade beginning band and K-2 General Music.The following are required of all applicants: a letter of application/interest, resume, three references, and credentials. Applicants must hold a valid Iowa license or be eligible for licensure. Please send application materials to: Brian O'Donnell, Principal,
4901 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 or email a copy of materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
4-14-2015 We are very excited to announce that the Davenport Central Vocal Music program will be hiring another Vocal Music director starting with the 2015 - 2016 school year. We are planning to restructure many of the aspects of our program based upon the strengths of the candidate. We do know that we are searching for an individual that has previous experience at the high school level and will be responsible for leading and assisting side-by-side with two other directors. The position will also include small-group lessons, preparation of All-State/OPUS/Solo-Ensemble, and assisting with the varsity and prep show choirs. If interested in applying, please visit the district website www.davenportschools.org, go to Employment, then Online Applications and Current Openings, and then Start an application for employment. When completing the online application you should select POSITION #4082 - High School Vocal Music + Supplemental at Central High School. Will close at 4pm on 4/28/2015. Michael Reese, email@example.com, (563) 323-9900 x. 257 or Emily Schrank, firstname.lastname@example.org, (563) 323-9900 x. 255
4-10-2015 Heartland Presbyterian Church in Clive IA has an opening for a part time music director. Are you an experienced music leader? Looking for a place where your creativity will be valued? Where you can work with other musicians who take their music seriously and appreciate creating and performing complex pieces? Join the staff at our growing suburban church. Heartland Presbyterian is a welcoming community of people, where labels are shed and our differences are celebrated. We consistently rate music as a critical component of the Sunday worship experience, and you will feel valued and appreciated as a staff member leading our professional musicians and accomplished volunteers in vocal and instrumental performance. While we are looking for a part time leader today, this position is likely to grow into full time as our congregation continues to grow. Come grow with us! For a full job description, visit our website at www.hpcusa.org
4-3-2015 The Iowa Youth Chorus Board of Directors is pleased to announce we are recruiting for two positions to lead our organization. The Executive Director is a three-quarters time position that will provide leadership and oversight for IYC. We seek a well qualified administrator to execute the vision and mission of IYC. The Artistic Director is a one-third time position that will artistically lead one of Central Iowa's premiere choruses in developing fresh voices and fostering a life-long learning of music. Complete position descriptions are available on our website at www.iowayouthchorus.org Iowa Youth Chorus inspires choristers from ages 18 months to 18 years and from schools all over Central Iowa. Please submit a cover letter expressing your personal and professional goals, resume, references, and portfolio information to the Iowa Youth Chorus Board of Directors at the following email: email@example.com Deadline for submission May 15, 2015. All questions should be directed to the same email address.
4-3-2015 Iowa City West High School has a full-time high school choral director opening for the coming school year. Responsibilities would include: Curricular- (Concert Choir (10-12 auditioned SATB), Virtuosa (10-12 auditioned SSA),
Treble Choir (9-12 non auditioned SSA), and Private Voice for interested students – usually 20 minute time slots pulled from class), Extra-Curricular- (Showtime (prep show choir), Iowa City West Chorale (December – February) – 9-12 auditioned SATB) and All-State Preparation, Musical Vocal Music Preparation, Solo/Ensemble Prep. For more information about our choral department, please visit: http://www.iowacitywestchoirs.com For the application and more administrative information, please follow the link below:
- 3-21-2015 First United Methodist Church in Boone, IA, has a part-time position open for a Director of Music, to develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology. Contact: Steve O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org for complete info.
- 3-10-2015 Grinnell United Church of Christ is searching for an exceptional musician and teacher to lead a department of staff and volunteers in offering music for the regular worship of God. The Director of Worship Music supervises a department that features an organist and directors for choirs of children and bells. She or he will take primary responsibility for directing our twenty-five member Senior Choir, which includes talented student and professional musicians from Grinnell College. As department head, steward of our budget for liturgical arts, and the pastor's partner in worship planning, the director of worship music has wide creative latitude to build on our church's considerable strengths in choral and instrumental music. As a congregation we strive for music that is both excellent and accessible, so we are searching for a director who is both a skilled musician and a delightful teacher. The successful candidate will share our values as an Open and Affirming congregation committed to social justice, education, and progressive theology. The position is part-time, 20 hours weekly. A complete job description is available for review. Please submit letters of interest including a resume or CV by 5:00 pm Wednesday, March 31 to pastor Cameron Barr at email@example.com or PO Box 322, Grinnell, Iowa 50112. http://meetgrinnellucc.org/
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- – School Name
- – Position
- – Contact info
- – website